It suddenly struck me, while I was sitting down, appreciating the speech given by a person by how my life have changed since last year ( even though there is no link with what the guy was saying).
After spending some time to think about my "raison d'tre" for this lengthy sidetrack, I realised I needed something more in life and reliance on others to provide me with those just didn't seem viable and enviable, since meaning is something which I perceived and not the perception of others.Life was an array of monochrome then, varying only by degree and not variety.
Then, I went around looking at various places, like the community centres, internet and whatnot for things to do. And now I am, with life looking more iridescent than ever before, meeting new people and doing new things that I would have lacked the bravado in the past. Most importantly, the blank spaces are being filled up gradually to the point where I find that I needed space for some personal time.
So, my point is, to you reading this out there, go and find things that you are really interested and passionate about, or that you just want to give something a try while you have the time and probably the youth and energy. Clubs, society, groups of people with the same interests are just around the corner, if you look hard enough. So take the first step to venture into the unknown, and you may never have to look back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment