Another says, " Christmas is the time to go to the church."
That person says, " Christmas is the time to rest, because it is a public holiday."
So what does it really mean to me? I was asked this question during the toastmasters' meeting and to be frank, I couldn't think of a satisfactory answer. The previous years have been spent wandering around the streets of Orchard road with different people, pushing and squeezing, waiting for the clock to strike 12 and for the soap foams ( some choose to refer it to snow -.-) to be sprayed onto the revelers.
Did I enjoy it? Perhaps, but maybe it wasn't the way it was spent at Orchard road, but more of the companionship during those times. So, I'm really not one that knows how to spend his Christmas, and neither am I particularly excited towards it.
With that said and having that mentality for the upcoming Christmas till not before long, I'm really glad to have received Christmas cards and presents from friend, Clarissa who has been faithfully sending me one every year for 7 years now and from colleagues in my office. Though I am not hoping nor clamoring for those as trophy items that I can boast about, it is really sweet to receive them, to realise that someone did think of you when he/she thought about Christmas. It is the connotations behind that makes the present all the more meaningful, and not the present itself. Guess I shall spend some effort to do up some gifts, not to reciprocate, but to convey my thanks to all in the office that have made this part time all the more interesting. Quitting on the 24th too, so guess it is a way of making sure they remember there was this boy doing their job for them during this period hahahaha. Been really busy this week, after many of them learnt of my departure and started to pass their work for me. Ugh.
Looking forward to this Christmas eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment