I think I'm a person who has too many ideas and goals but fail to inspire myself enough to act on them.
Just recalled that 6 months ago, I was imaging myself being financially savvy, able to do forex trading, stock trading and what-have-you. Apparently, this is not the case as I'm still very much behind my reading schedule, with tons of investment books gathering dust at my bookshelves. There's somehow this passion for such books but the lack of stamina to bring myself to read the whole book when I think of the thickness of those books.
Been really fickle, reading a few chapeters of one then moving on to the other of another genre. I'm currently reading the Prince by Machiavelli, The intelligent investor by Benjamin Graham, Sophie's world by Jostein Gaarder and a mountain of straits times ( some as old as September, with YOG fronting the headlines o.O). Seems like only Chinese love novels can make me 废寝忘食。。。
Oh gosh, hopefully I will get some quality reading time after I quit and before I start my next job. Need to start making good returns in order to buy 2 tickets for space travel. lol
P.S. Oh ya, it is interesting how some people think that getting interest on their money means that they are earning money. I guess there's more to be done to educate the masses about inflation and the need to see the real rate of return and not the nominal one, which is at most 1. something percent for a SGD fixed deposit account. Our inflation rate is estimated to be about 4 percent this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment