It came as a shock when I related the activities that im involved in to my friends when I had the mini epiphany that my life is indeed rather packed.
No wonder I feel tired these days, trying to juggle work and studies these days.
So here's a short summary of what im in:
National service, teaching ( 4 ), Japanese class, toastmaster meetings plus exco commitments, volunteer work, mugging finance and various ad hoc stuff.
ugh don't have time to blog about the gatherings that i had. guess i have to backdate them when I'm feeling more energetic.
Oh on a side note, Bridge over troubled waters was awarded the Towering Song award, while its composer, Paul Simon was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of fame!
I really think bride over troubled waters is a very meaningful song that conjures up the image of a friend that you will want to have and also provides an aspiration for people to work towards to in their friendship. The devotion of the friend in the song is simply touching and I really hope that one day, I will be the person describe in the song, being there for a friend that I truly care.
Oh I don't really like the original version though cause it is rather ghostly. If you want to listen, I recommend LeAnn Rimes version, which is one of the better ones out there.
Bridge over troubled waters
When you're weary
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all
I'm on your side
When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you
I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Sail on Silver Girl,
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
No comments:
Post a Comment