Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's always a mountain higher

Just when people thought I was good at scamming others, which I neither deny or agree ( But I do object the notion that money always go missing when dinning out with me), Daniel and I realised that the driving uncle keeps on scamming us.

In general, he always comes late, never early, and when we tried to contact him, he always say to give him a few more minutes and that he is on the way. Time and time again, the few minutes stretches beyond my understanding of the length of a few minutes.

This is not all.

Incident 1:
Uncle: hello im coughing today so cannot come for lesson * cough cough
me: oh ok
uncle: when are we having lesson again? 2 days later right?
me: ya at XXXX time. Am i still on track to take the test?
uncle: ya and elaborates more WITHOUT COUGHING
......
me: ok bye

So throughout the conversation, I only heard him coughing when he said he was coughing. SCAM!

Incident 2:
Background info: having 2 lessons in 3 day and he calls me just half an hour before the lesson
Uncle: hello, today im sending my car for repair so can't have lesson today. We are having lesson on saturday right?
me: ya
uncle: okay. bye
me:...
JUST FEELS LIKE ANOTHER SCAM

Incident 3
Background info: I booked lessons on fri and sunday but had to change sunday's to saturday instead cause of oxy's concert and I made sure uncle understood me

On friday...
Me: hello uncle, can I confirm that we are having lesson today?
uncle: huh!? I thought you said you wanted to change friday's to sat?
Me: no...
uncle: 糟糕, 摆乌龙. okok tomorrow we have 1 hour and a half instead of 1 hour.
Me: okay....

On saturday after driving for 1 hour..
Uncle: ok let's stop for today
Me: arh?! I thought you said 1.5 hours?
Uncle: orh your driving not bad. Learn 1 hour enough no need 1.5 hours.
Me: ohhhh... will i still make it in time for the exam?My friends had 20 over 2 hours lessons before taking the test while I only have 6 1hour lessons till date...
Uncle: Aiya can one la.. Got some people learn a few lessons go take test still can pass you know
Me: o.O okay lor ( you win ><)

AHHHHHH prays hard that I can pass my test even though I probably will learn below 20 hours ( have not discount away the time scammed away yet) if not I will be wasting for father's money...

No comments:

Post a Comment